Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Letter to ether

Dear God,

I miss you terribly. Funny thing to say to you, since I see you everyday when Arya smiles his one-toothed smile at me. I feel you everyday when Mayalou hugs me tight and whispers, "love you amma". As much as your love pervades my entire life, I miss our conversations.

Is this what happens to every relationship?
We are delirious in love; we hug, we kiss, we touch as we pass each other in the hallway, we call each other silly names, we have something to say even when we turn in our sleeps.
And then we slowly get comfortable.
We finish each other's sentences...and then slowly we know what the other person thinks so we stop finishing those darn sentences.
We let them hang in mid-air...motionless.

Slowly even those fade away...We no longer feel the need to talk, as we just know what the other person thinks. We inch farther and farther apart in our quest to be closer together intellectually. Spiritually.
We stop the silly names. We are labelled now.

You - Escape artist.
Me - Whiner

Finally we fall deliriously out of love and all that remains is Silence.

and in that silence, i begin to talk. softly, slowly, wistfully...

"Dear God, I miss you..."

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Pensieve said...

Wonderfully expressed!

12:53 AM  
Anonymous shankari said...

Periamma just told me you are in India. Congrats on the lil addition. Keep in touch

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home