Thursday, July 07, 2005

So what is it to be married?


My Hubby's act as i blog
Originally uploaded by ponckumari.

Is that a trick question?
Soups wants to know and so do many of my other friends who never ever in their wildest nightmares thought that some guy would actually marry me.
Come to think of it, neither did i.

To all those who think that i get up much before he does, tidy the kitchen, brew a strong cuppa coffee and wake him up in a saree with my head wrapped in a wet towel, i have just this to say - WAKE UP!

I get up much after he does and on certain days only when i hear the "Kumari, am leaving for office" tune. I then slouch on the bean bag and watch re-runs of Becker while i tell my Amma all about the new dish i want to try. And at around 11.30am i pull myself into the kicthen and conjure up the most scrumptious meal The Mr has ever tasted and set everything up on the carpet (we are yet to buy that dining table) for lunch.

And all this 'hardwork' is for nothing.As the tired Missus blogs her way to nothingness, The Mr walks in with coffee and snacks to rejuvenate her spirit -- so that she would feel pampered enough to get into the kitchen again and start on the dinner.

Aaah! How gullible The Missus is!

Coming to the question, it is NICE to be married :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Vignesh said...

You bet it is !!!

I feel a good trip to Ikea coming along !

2:28 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Vignesh: An appetizer trip to Ikea is over. We are moving in for the kill this wknd :)

@Vital: Too much support for The Mr and thou wil be banned from my kitchen when i bake pineapple upside down cake :)

3:28 PM  
Blogger Jax said...

LadyK you guys are too cute!! :)

5:07 AM  
Blogger Primalsoup said...

Shriekkkkkkkkkkkkkk.... Yellllllllllllllllllllllll...

You are becoming one of them!!!!!!!!! The Smug Married type!

Ah, so the way to a man's heart is indeed... whatever they say it is. Though, though, though... I think I shall not say it after all! ;)

But, nice thing this happy cliche is! (And no that does not qualify as an admission that I desire for one!):)

12:42 PM  
Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

agreed married life is bliss ...atleast the initial yrs

cute blog

7:44 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Jax: Thank you so much *claps hands in childish glee*

@Soupy: There, there you musn't lose control...i know how hard it is to see me like this...but rest assured that the honeymoon period is over. All's Well in Hell's Kitchen now :-D

@Swathi: Welcome to my abode and thanks muchas! Hope the 'intial years' last till i see my first great-grandchild :)

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home