Wednesday, February 16, 2005

All for Kaapi & Kaapi for All

February 15th, 2005.
6 A.M
I should be starry eyed after a wonderful Val-day but hey you are talking of Kumari here, Man's best friend (And no i am not a B***H) and SHE is Bleary eyed after sleeping her day through office. I waited longingly for that one call to make my day.
Silence.
Our pet crow was screaming its lungs out in the balcony asking for its morning breaker.
And then it struck me - Amma's not in town. Damn it!

6.45 A.M
The milk maid who on any sane day would be ringing my door bell at 5.45 A.M was today busy watching the flowers open, smelling the grass, seeing God paint the skies in every known colour....in short, she was LAZING!
Aaargh! Shower time.

7.20 A.M
Rushed to the bus-stop thinking i am late only to find myself as the first fool to land up.
Now it would be another long travel across the many potholes to Hell's Kitchen where i dish out unpalatable code for someone who has no clue what he wants :) Hmm....ammma says i should never kick a gifting horse in its mouth but then donkeys don't think, they only kick!

9 A.M
I kept staring at my monitor. Naah...not at all stimulating.
I stared at my cubicle mate typing away to glory on her Text Editor. Gawd! Where did she get her strength?
One of the most important point during the English Drama Club auditions was if you can emote as a person suffering from constipation. My emotions were always inadequate and i never got into EDC. Ask those blokes to walk into my cube now, i can just win that competition Hands down. {Well the Tamil Drama troupe didn't want constipated gits, so i made it there :)
For every closed door, i guess there is an open window (Pun unintended!)}

10 A.M
I gave up on life and walked to my pantry, opened the door...My heart stopped beating. There he was, just the way i had dreamt of him - Tall, Dark and Handsome and smelling exactly the way i wanted him to. I pinched myself. Yikes! that hurt. I walked closer to him and smiled. He winked back. I caressed him, ever so tenderly and he responded...Out gushed a mug of hot, steaming, frothy, wonderful, exciting, sexually-stimulating cuppa Coffee - My elixir!

The Queen is Dead. Long live My Man!

9 Comments:

Blogger Kumari said...

The NEW Kaapi vending m/c :)

1:12 AM  
Blogger Primalsoup said...

The little things that give one joy! :)

1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! :)
--shub

1:31 AM  
Blogger Little Medusan said...

Another qstn... Did u fall in love with the TDH kaapi m/c because the doodhwaali did not come today at 5:45AM? Did she come later or is she still smelling flowers? :-)

1:33 AM  
Blogger Oneirodynic said...

"Love with a vending machine".

We have seen bi-love-stories,straight-love-stories,homo-love-stories.

Its time for a machine-human love story.

Cheer up girl,pen up a script and give it to Karan Johar.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Vignesh said...

I can only imagine your reaction to an automatic dosa vending machine ! I need to talk to some people here and get that for the office !

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wind ruffling through your hair,
Devilish speeds, august grace,
joie de vivre,
Lethal potholes, slick manoeuvres,
STPI, Shankararaman, VasuBabu....

how are you?

Deepak

3:38 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Deepak: Hey it is so nice to run into you like this...where are you? and can i have another ride on that bike?:p
@Vishnu: Well you should read Asimov stories...m/c-robot romances are decades old :-D But yeah, let me knock at the Karan Johar door :)
@Vitalstatistix:Missing what? grrr...i should bawl at you the way i do to my PM when he points at my mistakes :) Cheers and hope u are back to the blogger's world!

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course, always ready to take you for a ride ;)

Deepak

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home