Monday, October 03, 2005

Missing and Found!!!

"So long and thanks for all the fish"
-- Not just a line from Hitch Hiker's Guide to Galaxy but looks like those were the sentiments echoed by my favourite pair of dolphin ear-rings before they disappeared.

I have this unwritten rule in my life which states that any piece of jewellery bought by yours truly will not stand the test of time and would vanish. However trinkets 'gifted' by anyone else would stay put till my grand daughter's era. Laugh, if you will but that rule has been proved good so many times that i will not dispute it.

Now the reason for this post:
I LOST my gold Dolphin earrings. :(
The Mr's first gift to me before our wedding. I still remember the way he pleaded, shouted and finally convinced me to buy those cute dolphins from the Tanishq showroom in T.Nagar on Feb 18, 2005. I still have the bill as part of my treasure box BUT the dolphins are missing :(

I have turned my house upside down and searched in every damn nook and purse but i still can't seem to find them and i am growing desperate and depressed by the moment. This is not a request asking you to join the 'dolphin-hunt' or call up Ace Ventura but do please pray to the Mighty Forces ruling the cosmos, so that they may put some sense into those dolphins and make them come home to me.

Sigh...till then let me sing to them.

See them play in the moonlight
Watch them dance in the sun
They're the children of freedom--everyone
As they care for each other
With no question or cause
They deserve to be treasured as a source of love

-- Olivia Newton-John, 'The Dolphin Song'

Update: Looking through the Digicam snaps found that the Dolphins made their last appearance on Aug 27 on a trip to Lincoln & White Mountains. Retracing steps from then found the pair hiding behind my favourite pink stone chokker necklace :D Yipeee!

5 Comments:

Blogger div_viv said...

Some days are terrible. I just typed around a 100 words comment, and it did not get saved :(

Glad you got the dolphins back. They were damn cute, and moreover, the first gift from the mister.

I had typed the whole story of how I lost the first gift from my mister, and how I lost a gold bracelet 3 days back under similar circumstances... But in no mood to type it all again :(

4:20 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

Youc an tell that to me in person soon :)

9:49 AM  
Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

:)) i know too well wat u r talking 'bout

but I am not as lucky as u though
I had lost of the diamond earrings that he had gifted me which i havent found to this day

1:39 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Swathi: Aah that's bad :( But did he reaplce those earrings? After all, Diamonds are girls' best friends, arent they? :p

7:26 AM  
Blogger Whoiscb said...

Phew! For a moment there you had me frightened ( I thought the dolphins have left earth for good and we are gonna be invaded by the vogons any moment now).

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home