Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Incomplete

It's been raining incessantly here and I don't know about you, but rain always makes me mushy, sad, nostalgic, happy, silent and whole...all at the same time. Which is ofcourse why I write poems on incompleteness :)

Little slips of paper
Floating wisps
Of life;
A bridge across never
for you & me

Black & brown eyes,
Deep, dark wells
Of emptiness;
A streak of light
across every scar.

Liquid Sunshine Showers
Downpour of lies,
Excuses and shackles;
Silent whispers
Of a parched life.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Shirsha said...

thats so sad and unhappy like... :(

11:32 PM  
Blogger Cacophoenix said...

Sometimes the incomplete can mean more than something that is complete

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Kums - try melting in the rain!

Here's a piece called "Of my life". I wanted to write a song but didnt happen :(

A moment ...
Between two infinitesimally close points in time
That of my life
Of my tired footsteps
Of my weird habits
Of my retreats

If I could melt in the horizon
Or swim beyond where the oceans end
Who would have cared ...

12:15 AM  
Blogger Primalsoup said...

Nice. Especially the bit that says - Bridge across never....

Rains also make me think about food. Overwhelmingly so.

1:32 PM  
Blogger RT said...

Nice!!
Though rain gives me no such feeling except the thought of muck and puddles.. I guess I have lived too long in Bombay to appreciate the romance aspect of it..:)

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ding dong..... been long time.... time to post sumthin!!!!!

3:50 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Shirsha: :)
@Cacophoenix: Sometimes...that's the catch!

@Anon: Nice but you should complete it. And your name?

@Soups: :) Danke

@RT: Hmm...even atrocious Madras roads never made me hate rain. I've never been to Bombay but yeah, sometimes we need to look back to realise how much we liked rain :)

@Anon2: Done!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home