Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Travelling Poet

Update 1: For Shub & others - Please take part. I don't want anyone to "write" poems as much as I want to read your favourites. So if you like Frost, fill a few pages with his 'Fire & Ice' & 'Meeting & Passing' else pick from Maya Angelou. Or Jim Morrison's works(Oh yes, you can add songs too :p). It's your call. So pliss to join!!! If you can read a poem/song and have legible handwriting, you are automatically IN :D

Update 2: Interested folk don't forget to mail me your address/p.o.box where you want to receive the book. I don't know how long I should wait, but i'll keep proposal 1 open for another 10 days. I plan to send out the book for proposal 2 by next week. Hopefully.


Spring is hiding behind frosty Arctic winds and there is no giant Red paint brush to colour the grey routine.

Idea: Talk to Ms.Soup

I've always wanted to have a penpal but was too lazy to write. Later in life when I did write long & dreary letters, not emails but letters, it was vastly ignored or answered over phone/internet. Bah! The curse of the unromantics.

When Mint started her CD-Exchange tree, I was too late and missed out on joining the bandwagon of revellers. But the idea got stuck in my head, like the image of a shirtless Daniel Craig on the beach :D

Anyhoo,after ‘intense brainstorming’ of 2 minutes, we’ve come up with the concept of The Travelling Poet.

Proposal 1 :

It is a book of Poems. Buy a pretty book and in your own handwriting pen down a few of your favourite poems. You could add couple of your own original verses too, if you like. Choose any one person from the list (I am assuming there would be a list of enthusiastic romantics) and send it to them. Spend the rest of the month waiting for your personalized book of poems :)

This ain’t really ‘traveling’ but atleast everyone gets a book of poems.
Ofcourse, once there is a list in place, I shall publish just the names (only names and not addresses) here and you can mail me the name of the receiver you've chosen. I will send across their PO Box#/Address. This way I can make sure everyone receives 'The Poet'.

Proposal 2:

I shall start the book with my fave poems and send it to anyone in the list (we might not have a list at all). The receiver then adds his/her favourite choices and sends it across, this way the book travels across the globe. How romantic! So the book can find you more than once if two different persons decide to send it to you and I guess we can send it to ppl not in the list as long as they promise to keep it on its course.

The points to note with this idea are :
who keeps the book in the end? -- I would love for it to come back to me :)
how do we keep track of its course? -- Maybe start a new public blog just for that.

Coming to the million-smiles question, Any Takers?

Please to leave a comment or mail me at nkeats@gmail.com!
Danke!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Primalsoup said...

As always you have my blessings and support. Just remember my teeny weeny requirement! :D

10:18 PM  
Blogger shub said...

Dang it! I'm dense as fog when it comes to poetry! Would've loved ot be a part. Great idea.
Tchah!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Cacophoenix said...

Sweet. I would love to be a part of the "Travelling post" I don't promise great verse, but I can promise having fun sending it around.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Soups: Muchas Gracias.Ofcourse I do :)

@Shub: Woman! you are in, so just mail maadi the address. As long as the prev entries interest you n make you smile and you can copy two lines from a book, i am counting you as a part :D

@Cacophoenix: Then you are a part! It would be fun, if nothing else we get to make new contacts :)

9:36 AM  
Blogger Manchus said...

Can I join too? Seems very interesting!

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! If ur okay with Morrisson n all...i am soo in! pliss?
-ammukuttz

12:50 PM  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

dudette terribly sorry to respond so late but i am in for sure ..awweeespme idea and sure would soothe the romantic soul..lets go with the proposal where everyone gets a book ..hheehehe :)
-diba

3:39 AM  
Blogger Ratna said...

Cool idea. Can I join too? I am not into poetry but just want to read and send it along - Is that ok? just want to be a part of it.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Mystic Rose said...

hi...was directed here by shirsha,

cool idea! and this is blog has some wonderful writer(s)? was reading a few posts.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Manchus: Ofcourse. You are always welcome :) Mail me your address

@Ammai: You are in :)

@Diba: Err...i kinda counted you in without your permission :p

@Ratna: Oh yes, you can! Just mail me your address.

@MysticRose: Welcome! Thank you and yes, Me, Myself & I try to be creative with the said blog :)If you want to be part of the Chain mail, pls do mail in your address.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home