Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Convoluted statements and poetic expressions

"He didn’t realize that I was not talking to him the way I would be talking to him if I am in the mood to talk to him the way he likes me to be talking to him."
Yes, that’s me at my most eloquent self. No wonder Mandoo felt a Befuddlement Charm hit him.

**^^---^^**

Have you ever read the comic book Iznogoud as a kid? Or now for that matter?

** Begin Flashback **
One of my best days as a kid was Sunday not just because it was a holiday but because Appa would make his routine trip to the library and come back with at least 2 Asterix, 1 Tintin & 1 Iznogoud books. What fun we used to have… little Kumari by his side, eyes-wide, staring into that BIG book, as Appa read out loud what the big round man and his little friend were doing. Sigh! Hope my little one would one day patiently listen to me as I read her the bedtime story. That reminds me, I better start collecting those books. I have just 2 :(
**End Flashback**

Well anyways, during my convo with Mandoo, one of the topics was my H1 visa process initiation…after a lot of blah (read as official crap not to be discussed in public domains) I felt that I should be SPM instead of my SPM and for some strange reason that reminded me of Iznogoud and his “I want to be Caliph instead of Caliph" line. The laughter that followed didn’t stop soon nor did it make Mandoo any wiser.
I have completely lost track of what I wanted to say. Now I know.
You see, if you break up his name it means “is-no-good” and in a way that is how any PM would define me-- “is-no-good” programmer who writes 4 lines of code and 100 lines of blog in 6 hours of office stay ( I sneak away early :p). And the Caliph is someone who is very benign and likes to spend his time sleeping. My SPM doesn’t sleep but yes, he is kind of cute & a gentleman (Somu that line is not for your eyes).

**^^---^^**

And yeah been flying on air ever since Vignesh said that he ranks my ‘comment’ high on his list of poetic expressions. Yoohoo! Kumari you have finally arrived on the scene :)

Time for my elixir -- Cuppa Kaapi.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jax said...

I've never even heard of Iznogoud! Thats why, I can't belt out top-of-the-vignesh-charts-lines like you do. You have an advantage there Lady K!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

Oh My God! I was commenting on your post the very same moment you were commenting on mine..How much more supernatural can this whole Blog thingie get? :-D

You better read Iznogoud. It is an awesome read for all ages esp for the ones who are between 5-8 like me :) And then it would be "Deuce" :)

6:43 AM  
Blogger Vignesh said...

Im sure all your readers are thinking to themselves -

"Yeah right, Vignesh said that and she is happy ?!?! Thats like me commenting on post-impressionist art... sheesh"

:)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Sagnik Nandy said...

ok i have a really cheesy line to say. so here it goes:

you lost me with theh first line of the post but then the rest of the post found me again :))

1:58 AM  
Blogger sensiblystoned said...

Asterix,Tintin,Iznogoud and some albums of creed would make my day; no correct that, it would make my week. Ive been visiting your blog without make any comments. Neat, although I cant believe that you are blogging so regularly. The next time someone talks about software company boom and how someone works really hard in software companies, Im gonna give one to them where the sun dont shine. Jus kidding :)

4:40 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@S.Stoned: :-O ooh what have i done? i better run b4 that horde of techies barge into my room n butcher me :-D You see iam that exceptional techie who does excellent time-management ...blah blah
Who am i kidding? I have a really relaxed time now since am going on a holiday in 2 weeks. So no work n hence i post so ofetn :)
All techies are not so blessed! so spare the rod!

But yes, Asterix n some wild boar is definitely welcome company even at midnight :)

2:43 AM  
Blogger sensiblystoned said...

Holiday in two weeks, grrr you better run while you can or I might be the one butchering you. You do have a good sense of humor m'lady.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home