Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Lies don't pay

Lies don't pay
And i learnt it the hard way
Pay heed to my story
It has no details gory
So just listen and make my day!

Long ago, when Friday did dawn
I looked at the ceiling and stifled a yawn
Called up work and said i am sick
With my head as heavy as a brick
Felt good of my brain than brawn.

They fell for it hook, line & sinker
And with my excuse didn't tinker
I clasped my hands in glee
And from my abode did flee
For shopping without any blinker

But His Highness had a holier plan
Not for nought is he Lord of the living Clan
For my huge shopping bill
He sent his virus troops on a kill
And now i am a spotty woman

This is so you all can hear
"I am no bug bear"
But when you have the measles
The rest of the world turns into weasels
And from afar claim I am still someone dear!

So while you all fret and wonder
"Did she infect me from yonder?"
I shall sit at home and pen more rhyme
To while away all my time
And come back in resplendent candor :-D

3 Comments:

Blogger Primalsoup said...

Tis strange, that you must mention
This notion about spreading of infection

For I happened to peep into the mirror
And guess what I see much to my horror?

Bang on! Your response is on the dot
As I see on my lovely face one lonely spot

Came by to read this post, so that I feel no pity
And fall of my chair on the serendipity

I always knew one must be weary of a Geek
But this Black Magic thingie, makes me freak

Out with it! Unravel the mystery
We need to plumb, this curious chemistry!

Tell me then the story, of your ways filled with suspicion
For all my rhymes, there must be a reason!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Sagnik Nandy said...

kumari hi - i can see little girls reciting this in unison in school moral science class - it's one of those colorful cute pieces where one girl speaks on the mike and her friends enact the piece in the mind - or at least that's my mental imagery :)

1:03 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Soups: Wow! *Bows to the Queen* You are just too good. I think we should definitely sit and analyse this cosmic twist in the tale..btw, yours the first comment :) Too much chemistry :)
Hope that lone spot in your beautiful face disappears faster ;)

@Sagnik: Thank you...guess spots have their use too :)

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home