Saturday, April 30, 2005

The Lost Entry

"Write" they said,
"Write to win -
Your words never lose"
And i set forth to do
That which i've done all my life.
But words which waltzed
on my paper,
now stood still.
I pleaded, I cried,
I went on my knees;
The only answer -
Silence.
I was tumbling to my nadir
and no one to stop the fall.
"Somebody speak" i screamed.
Deathly silence
echoed in my ears.
I lost my words
And knew of no place to search.
Nothingness slowly pervaded my world...
"Write" they had said,
"Your words never lose"
My words did not -
But I did.

** One from my archives. Sent it to a poetry competition in college and as expected won Consolation prize :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Vignesh said...

Show off.

And as someone said on my blog, recycler.

Sheesh.

:))

2:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crappy, Pseudo stuff.

Stick to writing codes.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

orey the too much!!
kanthi

1:09 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Vignesh & Ammai: What Show off? that was the most sidey poetry i could find from my diary :p Kind of wanted to show how much my poems have improved since i grew 2 inches tall :)

@Anonymous: Pseudo? Sweetie, coming from someone who had no spine to sign his/her name, mine is a LOT better :)

12:43 AM  
Blogger Primalsoup said...

Bravo! Bravo! And we are just not referring to the poetry here! :)

May we nuke the living daylights out of the spinal bone lacking person's inhabiting the planet!

Phew! Touchy issue you see! :)

12:12 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Soupy: hehehe..the birdie in my mind knows the poetry won't really call for a 'Bravo' :p
I am all for World peace...so let's nuke 'em all :)

Like Ogden Nash says "Leave no tern unstoned" :-D

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home