Saturday, August 06, 2005

Weekend Blogging

I hate it when nobody blogs over the weekend. I mean, doesn't anyone realise how important it is for some people who are sitting at home and wishing they were those people who didn't blog on weekends about whom certain people complained on their blogs while sitting at home?
Sigh

Anyways, am back with another sign of New England's love for something that is not Boston Red Sox -- Quotes!

"Before the invention of drawing board, what did they get back to? "

**--^^ ^^--**
Have u watched any episode of "The Beauty & The Geek"?
I did. Their final episode. And there was on stage this pretty, well- endowed blonde (the kind who makes every head turn wherever she goes) who was asked a very simple question :
"What is 18 +5+73" (I remember it coz i couldn't believe the answer she gave!)
Our lady is all flustered
"Damn, i don't have my cell phone " and starts counting using her fingers
"19, 20, 21, 22, 23...And then what?...oh 73"
"So 26 + " [A fellow Beauty corrects her. "It's 23"]
"Oh man, i can't do it. Give me a calculator."
Whaaaat? The girl is in her 20s and she can't count without her calculator? Is there some unwritten rule that only geeks should do Math in mind and not the rest of the country?
My kids are not studying here.Period.

**--^^ ^^--**
I am in love with "The Chronicles of Narnia" by C.S.Lewis. One of the best fantasy stories i have read. I finished Books 2, 3 and 4 in one sitting and now can't wait for the library to open on Monday so i can get the last 3 books in the series. I spent considerable part of my afternoon today opening wardrobes and closets to see if i can go to Narnia. Damn! the magic must have died :( [You must have realised by now what i meant by 'not growing up' :)]

4 Comments:

Blogger Primalsoup said...

Cruel Bloggers I tell you! I think one needs work to be motivated to Blog! :)

1:44 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

I agree :)

10:57 AM  
Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

oh! n i dont check blogs on weekends not till i'm holed up in a guesthouse in B'lore! so i must say good for me :)

1:21 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Swathi: Dats a good habit :)

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home