Thursday, December 22, 2005

Ethereal Design of an Unworldly Kind

This is what happens when you cross an engineer and a self-taught Interior Designer who resides in the interior confines of the author's mind.

After badgering The Mr to take me to Ikea where i spent a good 4 hours (which is a minimum) and not-so-few dollars i have finally decorated my home. This is extremely special coz i assembled the coffee table, side table and all the lamps :) Hear! Hear!

Btw, that sofa is indeed a bewitched one. You can't sit on it without falling asleep within a few minutes of doing so. One of the better purchases of The Mr while The Missus was away (If you do read this honey, shlightly excuse the exaggeration. I need to spice my story :p)

Ever since i completed this pet project i have been mailing all n sundry the pictures. Then realised it is simpler to use my blog as an artistic platform to boost my image ;).So here i am. Right now all that is left to do is stitch some deep red curtains (Yes i plan to do that myself) instead of the white blinds to bring out the colours of the rug( which of course you can't see in the snap) and use my power tool and hang up a few family pictures.

Until we meet again in another episode of Ethereal Design of an Unworldly Kind, this is the Carpenter, signing off :D
Happy Holidays!

9 Comments:

Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

Wowie! Thats v inspiring! And looks awfully inviting. Think I cud borrow a page from your book?
-Gif

11:18 PM  
Blogger Madhooo said...

It definitely looks very atractive. I just love experimenting with colors.

4:14 AM  
Blogger Jax said...

Will the real engiplumpenterior designer please stand up!!! :)

4:16 AM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

very nice indeed. would love to see it once the curtains are up. I prefer drapes to blinds any day.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Anyesha said...

Ah ha...another fellow Ikea lover...me thinks we should form a cult. Looks really nice. My Fagelbo sofa is the same shade of blue.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Meera said...

good designing..
Looks like u will give professionals a run for their money ;-))

11:29 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@All: Thanks a lot for all the appreciation. WIth this encouragement, hopefully i can redesign my bedroom n kitchen too :D

@kopos: Yesh coz this way, the 2 chairs you don't see in the photo but are placed Perpendicular to the sofa, will have an equal share of the coffee table :)

4:58 PM  
Blogger shub said...

byoootiful!!! can i call u when i need to get mine done ;o)

1:53 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Shub: Thankoo :) Oh Yes, you can and i would do it for 1/10th of my normal fee :p

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home