Saturday, December 31, 2005

A year that was...

"And when I'm dead don't bury me at all
Just pickle my bones in alcohol
An amphora of wine at my soles and feet
And then I'm sure my bones will keep.."

-- from Asterix & Caesar's Gift.

Yes, that would possibly be my goodbye note to 2005.

1 year that twirled my life on its little pinky;
52 weeks of an emotional roller-coaster ride that has no signs of slowing down;
365 days spent in mumbling my way in and out of corners;
8760 introspective hours that only made it clear that i am better off as a shrink's pet study;
525600 minutes that slipped through my fingers like grains of sand on a silent beach;
31536000 moments of sheer ecstasy, pain, madness,happiness, numbness, anger and hurt all caught in a single capsule and stored in a dark corner deep in my mind to relive again and again and again...

Happy New Year Folks!

10 Comments:

Blogger Videos by Professor Howdy said...

There is a time for everything,
a season for every activity
under heaven. A time to be
born and a time to die. A
time to plant and a time to
harvest. A time to kill and
a time to heal. A time to
tear down and a time to
rebuild. A time to cry and
a time to laugh. A time to
grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones
and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a
time to turn away. A time to
search and a time to lose.
A time to keep and a time to
throw away. A time to tear
and a time to mend. A time
to be quiet and a time to
speak up. A time to love
and a time to hate. A time
for war and a time for peace.

May 2006 be
your time to laugh,
embrace & receive
personal peace,
Dr. Howdy

10:23 PM  
Blogger pagala'k' said...

Happy New year to you too

12:03 PM  
Blogger Yours Truly said...

Pon Seeeee!!! Wish you and your family a very very happy and prosperous new year :D

12:08 AM  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

Cud well be my goodbye note to 2005 too! Well said...
Gif

12:47 AM  
Blogger Meera said...

life is slippin' by the minute!!!
Happy new year PoC

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year :-)

7:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You missed out one moment. The clocked ticked one second late this year. Anyways wish you a happy new year.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Jax said...

Hap..Hap..Happy new year Kumari.
May the force be with you!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Madhooo said...

Wish you and your Mr. a very happy new year. I must say that i enjoy reading your blog. Thanks and keep up the good work.:))

1:36 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

All: Thank you :)

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home