Monday, January 09, 2006

Are you Patriotic?

Well The Mr is. And having learnt very early in the relationship just how much he 'lurrvees' Futbaal, I crossed over too :)

Saturday was D-Day. The first Playoff between Jacksonville Jaguars and New England Patriots. Inspite of the freezing 20 deg F temperature, Gillette Stadium was brimming with fans, jumping and screaming for Brady's boys (Jumping to keep themselves warm I guess).

Though a late convert I did my best to transform our home into a mock stadium by making a Red & Blue (Official colours of the team) poster which did move The Mr to promise me a box of chocolates :D But then I wanted to do more so dressed in blue & red too :) That did have the desired effect as we won 28- 3.

My favorite moment was ofcourse when Asante Samuel intercepted A jaguar pass and ran with it for a touchdown. A long 73 yard run. And we celebrated the victory with rotis and a lip-smacking spicy Mushroom gravy which had The Mr in tears :)

Like they say here in New England,
"My wife said it's either her or Football. Gosh I will miss her lots"

4 Comments:

Blogger Murugavel said...

geeez i miss the NFL and the patriots, my fav team. gosh i miss my cambridge days sitting at the sports bar and watching the games on TV. i guess i need to make plans to move back to USA.

BTW i m toiling in the dust of stupid bangalore...!!!

6:44 AM  
Blogger littlecow said...

This was hilarious! very wise move indeed!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

awesome ! great move and sounds a lot of fun too !

4:02 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Kopos: Chocolates are a valid reason :D Nope, this is my third post or so i think. There's one in Jan05 and one in Apr05 :)

@Rebelmind: Good for you And I am hatching plans to run back to cricket land :)

@Bala: Aah, the little cow has revealed its mystery :) Yeah, I am a wise woman contrary to popular belief.

@Duck?: I assume it is you :) Yeah it is fun :)

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home