Thursday, February 16, 2006

For a lost soul in the Jungle

Alchemy

I lift my heart as spring lifts up
A yellow daisy to the rain;
My heart will be a lovely cup
Altho' it holds but pain.

For I shall learn from flower and leaf
That color every drop they hold,
To change the lifeless wine of grief
To living gold.

**~~**

Night Song of Amalfi

I asked the heaven of stars
What I should give my love --
It answered me with silence,
Silence above.

I asked the darkened sea
Down where the fishers go --
It answered me with silence,
Silence below.

Oh, I could give him weeping,
Or I could give him song --
But how can I give silence,
My whole life long?

**~~**

Let It Be Forgotten

Let it be forgotten, as a flower is forgotten,
Forgotten as a fire that once was singing gold,
Let it be forgotten forever and ever,
Time is a kind friend, he will make us old.

If anyone asks, say it was forgotten
Long and long ago,
As a flower, as a fire, as a hushed footfall
In a long-forgotten snow.

--Sara Teasdale

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a poem I had written called "Nature removes stress".

References to silence are very apt.

1:14 AM  
Blogger RS said...

Liked the "Night Song of Amalfi"...I see some javascript errors popup in your blog sometimes, just thought you might want to know :)

5:15 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Hiren: She is one of my fave poets coz she keeps it simple :)

@RS: My favourite too. You must read her others. Pretty poignat. What does one do with javascript errors btw? :)

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home