Sunday, June 18, 2006

One of those posts

... filled with random jottings to while away a Sunday morning when The Mr sleeps peacefully on the couch. Before you raise cudgels against me, The Mr's fever got worse early this morning on its way out and after I made sure he had his medicines and was comfortable watching old songs on Sun Tv, i dozed off like any doting Missus :p

  • It's amazing to blog to the music of Rang De Basanti. And while on it, Aamir Khan is so awesome in that movie esp in the scene when he realises the Brit girl can speak Hindi :)
  • Not just kids, even husbands who act like kids when sick bring out the maternal instincts in you. Even if all you want to do is sit and close your eyes after bringing in a big load of laundry up 2 flights, you walk in to the kitchen with a smile to make the chutney he wants and let him watch that awful baseball :)
  • I lost my fave green blouse which made me look all cutesy-cutesy :( Must have left it in the laundry room. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
  • I miss home.
  • Realised I can no more sit on the sofa and wait for Amma to walk in with a plate of vadais. It's time for me to walk in with the said plate while others sit and wait. What? When did that change take place?!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • Curtis Stone (of TLC's Take Home Chef) is as scrumptious as the food he cooks :D I too dress up nowadays when I go to do groceries but then that silly man never visits East Coast :(
  • If you are my bestest friend of many years, then you attend my wedding even if your Manager sits on your head afterwards. Especially if you are in the country. There, I have said it! I don't feel light and the person concerned won't read it but what the heck!
  • I want to go back to Chennai.
  • I absolutely loved Bluffmaster, the main reason being the ooh-la-la Abhishek Bachchan. I repeatedly played the movie some 3 times and whistled & danced everytime he came on screen (which was some 90% of the time) while the Mr threatened to not give me any dinner if I don't shut up :p
  • The 3 weekends we planned to go to the beach, it poured cats and dogs in Nashua. The one wknd the sun comes out, The Mr is down with flu. God is definitely Man.
  • I want to be told I look cute when i wear my new turquoise blue halter neck blouse even if reality is far from truth. After all, that's the tag line of my blog :D
  • Mayaavi song , "காத்தாடி போல ஏன்டி என்னை சுத்தற?" is an awesome song to drive to. On our last trip, as the Mr tried to shorten the 9 hr drive, I danced to the song in the passenger seat making the cars ahead change lanes faster to avoid us ;)
  • Last night I drove The Mr to the hospital and back as smoothly as a knife sliding through butter. The fact he was too spent to point out mistakes could have helped :p Whatever be the case, am so proud of myself. American roads - here i come!!!
  • I want Amma. Right Here, Right Now!

9 Comments:

Blogger Vee said...

awww you sound really homesick. yes, it doesn't take a braniac to figure that out from this post. what is that song you were dancing to from Maayavi? (can't read tamil). I love the way you write! I wish I wrote with such abandon, and if I did...I wish it turned out half as good (even a 1/4's good). Hope you're Mr's faring better.

Hope you're system is over the shock of having to live in the kitchen as opposed to sitting on the couch and having Amma's walk in with cups of coffee or vadais as the case may be. But who am I to ask you...when I visit my parent's place, I don't budge. I demand coffee - it is my birthright is it not? :)

By the way, you look great in the turquoise top :) Bye!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Vee said...

P.S: You took the words out of my mouth re: the good friend being at wedding thing. I had a similar thing happen for my wedding, but I guess I'm over it now (almos 5 yrs later). lol

11:03 PM  
Blogger shub said...

so cute!!!! loved this post!
would love to meet you someday!

3:27 AM  
Blogger Cacophoenix said...

That curtis sure made me dress nice too. It also highly irritates my "Meri Woh" that I take 15 minutes to dress up to go to the grocery store. I also make sure I pick up fresh veggies and greens whenever I am there. sigh!!!
I absolutely adored abhi in bluffmaster. There have been rumours about his purpoted hook up with as frozen face rai. which kinda makes me sick. Let's see.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Vee: That I've been ever since i left home a year ago i think :) THe song is "Kaathadi pola" Thanks a ton but i like your posts a lot. They are so sincere and from your heart, it has a charm to it.

Yup! The Mr's all better. Not really. In the sense I am all joshed up to cook but on certain days when all i want is someone to wait on me with pakoras, i don't find that person :( That's precisely what i do when i go home :D It is our birthright :)

Thank you :) I knew someone would notice the beauty in me :p Hehehe, i know. I guess it takes long coz we never tell that person direct :(

@Shub: Now she says, when she is in another country :) Ok, when we both land up in India, we shall definitely meet. Deal? And thanks :)

@Cacophoenix: Tell me about it ! I guess love is truly blind :( Sometimes, I even ask my husband to hang out in a diff aisle so I can claim I came alone, but what's the use :(

9:18 AM  
Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

ur Mr. must be sooooooo happy to have such a cutesy wifey like u :))
happy driving

12:35 AM  
Blogger RS said...

Had fun reading the thoughts that color your life :)

Totally with you on the driving bit, it makes you feel independent and just great! (But I wish I felt as confident as I did before my little accident)

11:56 AM  
Blogger Rajesh &Shankari said...

ok, come to a conclusion..we nellai girls are totally crazy, funny (call it what u may)
Everytime I walked into the empty house, I use to crave for my mom asking,"kutty capi podadta". So when i walked i used to shout amma, I am home, & R used at me like, who did I marry...
Luckily - all my friends turned up at the wedding - u know why coz all the three top guys of the company flew in for my wedding, so they did not really stop the others.
Hubby is akid when he is sick.....hope yours is doing better. If you come to the bay area, we shd meet

8:55 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Swathi: He better be :D

@RS:Accident? I hope it wasn't anything serious. Yeah! I agree with independence but i hate responsibility. I prefer the flexibility of jumping into an auto without any care. All this lane changing, stopsigns not for me :)

@Shankari: I know! Ofcourse lotsa sweet talk now I've made the Mr wake me up after the coffee is ready, just like my Amma :D The Mr is feeling a lot better. And yes, we do have a Christams trip on the cards, so we'll definitely meet :)

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home