Sunday, August 12, 2007

Notes on a diaper - 1

First Month

The second you find out there’s a little life growing inside you, you want to get up on the rooftop, do cartwheels and scream at the top of your voice, “I’m pregnant!”. But of course, since such shenanigans aren’t really appreciated by all much less by the belly-resident, you settle for a meek “Yippee!”

The next second you want the baby. I mean, if Kunti can just mumble a few words in sanskrit and have a baby, why shouldn’t you? Apparently, giving birth without blood and pain ended with Karna. So much for miracles of science, bah!

Anyway, common sense and familial pressure insist you wait a minimum of 15 weeks before you paint the neighbourhood with pictures of your growing belly, but seriously who can wait that long? So you spend the rest of the month coming up with creative ideas to break the news to people in as subtle a manner as possible.

No! Wearing a bulky sweater inside a shirt, in mid-May is not entirely a bright idea. Nor is rubbing your flat (well, almost flat) belly in a crowded subway.

P.S: As I found out, writing subtle blogposts on colour Blue also ain't really a hint :p

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Shirsha said...

Wow!!! Really!?
Congratulations!!!

No I never even realised the post was in blue!?

This is a kick-ass start to my week... such good news :)))
Wonderful wonderful!!

Btw, how u doing!?

1:41 AM  
Blogger Meera said...

Congrats PonC. Now we can look forward to more amusing posts ;)

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats.. PonC.. Thats great news..

Meena

12:44 PM  
Blogger RS said...

Congrats Kumari! Looking forward to further episodes of "Notes on a Diaper" :)

10:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We are eagerly expecting the 3rd day of the next year.

7:06 PM  
Blogger shub said...

OMGOMGOMG! I totally did not see that one coming! CONGRAATS! >:D< Blue? And you expect us to guess that you're expecting from that post?! Bah! :P You overestimate your readers, don't you?! :D

10:26 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@All: Thank you :)

@Shirsha & Shub: Oh the post wasn't in blue but on 'blue'. I thought aleast he girls would connect the blue to home pregnancy kits :p Well i forget I've dumbed down everyone with my inane posts :D

@Me: Oh yeah, trials i've realised are much amusing to read when it happens to someone else :)

@Meena: Thank you:)

@RS: I'm gong to write till you all scream for mercy :)

@Piggy: And we are wondering when you're going to actually 'surprise' us :)

11:05 PM  
Blogger shub said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I swear I didn't even totally get the blue connection until I just read the home pregnancy kit thing etc. I assumed it was cos you were expecting a boy. Then I wondered how the hell can you know SO early! Then I thought you're probably 'x' months preg; x being the number that you need to be before the sex can be determined. SO!

Hehe. Yeah, I can be daft like that. We learn a little, everyday! :P
Hugs :-)

3:46 AM  
Blogger Manchus said...

Congrats Kumari!! So how far along are you!!! I am really happy for you. So wait for your leap-year baby.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Su said...

Great :) Hope you enjoy every ' to be new mommy' experience and stay strong through all the difficuilt ones :)

1:04 AM  
Blogger Vidhya Rajesh said...

WOWOWOWOWO! this is such a lovely and shocking news !!!
Oooooh! mean girl you did not even mention it when we spoke of Ram's would be baby - but then yeah i shud have read your blog ... mistake is all mine.
I am so happy for you. So, when is the baby due ?
Congraaaaaaaaaats to you ....

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home