Thursday, April 17, 2008

And then they stopped listening...

Last November this blog crossed the third year mark. A day to be fondly remembered and celebrated was eclipsed by a tummy. A really BIG tummy. After all, one does claim to have a real life, right?

Er...um...yeah.

Truth be told, this blog was more an escapist's refuge than an artist's studio. I wasn't anonymous, so I didn't really bare it all. But at times, under layers of fiction and verse, a few home truths did peek out. Some of you might have read the undertones but most of you decided to keep your thoughts to yourself. I thank you wholeheartedly for it.

It made me reconnect dots to form a newer, better picture; it provided a laugh track for my lame jokes, a punching bag for my rage, a sponge to soak up the tears and open arms when silence said it all. This blog turned out to be the best friend, when my best friends couldn't be by my side at that moment. Well, why shouldnt it do so? After all, I've been wonderful company too, right?

Ahem.

Unfortunately, I shared only my disappointments and delusions with the blog. When things were stressed and beyond salvageable, I wrote funny stories and depressing verses. When things were sunny and joyful, I was outside living it; the blog a figment of my imagination. Why should I justify myself to a blog? It doesn't really exist, right?

Wrong.

The other day, I found myself free of chores for a couple of hours. A gold mine, under the given circumstances. But instead of taking a nap as I should have, I sat reading through my archives. I laughed, cried and laughed some more and I thought to myself, 'Darn it! This woman writes really well. At times.' (Well, i don't fish for compliments. I just dish them out myself :)) I can be a narcissist in my own blog, right?

Right.

Thanks to this blog I made some really wonderful friends. Most of whom I haven't met but who I know are just as wonderful, beyond all this ether. Thank you. You know who you are, so I am not going to list names. (Truth is I am scared in my current sleep-deprived mode, I'll miss someone and they'll stop visiting the blog to write lovely comments). I also thank the the few invisible friends who drop by now and then.

Most importantly, thanks for supporting me all these years. In this age of 15 minute fame, 3 years of virtual existence is a huge milestone. Especially for a little girl who refuses to grow up. I've dusted the bike for a whole new ride but it's going to be shaky start. Hoping you'll stay with me even if I meander a little bit.

Here's to another edition of The Midget Diaries.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Meera said...

I've been visiting this space ever since i started mine. I'm looking forward to some really good baby mama stories if you will, take ur time & do write. Congrats :)

11:17 AM  
Blogger shub said...

:D
And do keep writing, okay? :)

12:55 AM  
Blogger viji said...

hi,
have never posted a comment so far.But i feel nice reading your blog and like your imagination.

take care
viji

1:40 AM  
Blogger Prashant Sree said...

hey hi... Just came across your blog. You have a lovely blog here.,. And congratulations on your achievements.
I know 3 years is good, but as we know there are nos. greater than 3.. Keep blogging. Will check your blog frequently... :)

12:41 AM  
Blogger Ratna said...

Thank you Kumari ;) for making us wonderful:) You articulated your blog experiance so well - I wish I could ctrl +C and +V. Old habits die hard;). Have fun and we are always here frequently or otherwise.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Anu Karthik said...

ponc,
visited your blog after ages and see you have been busy. proud of you..and hope the 3 goes on to become 30!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey nice blog really enjoyed goin through it really nice post too.I really appreciate it
with regards
edgar dantas
www.gadgetworld.co.in

7:12 AM  
Blogger Preethi said...

welcome back.. :) now you will have more to write about.. so keep them coming

8:11 AM  
Blogger IBH said...

hey how are u ? and why no updates lately? is the junior keeping busy? is there a chance of seeing the little one?would love it!

1:28 PM  
Blogger mash said...

Hey,

I too have felt the same: there are some old posts in my blog which have made me feel the same: machii, irundhaalum nee nalla thaan daa ezhudhurae - sometimes!

By the way, after a long long time I managed to complete a short story. It is up in my blog and I have sent you a mail too. Let me know how much you like / dislike it, and why?

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home