Thursday, March 20, 2008

Identity Crisis

I've been trying to write a blog about me for the past 2 hours. A post that does not talk about Maya, my motherhood or sleep-deprivation much less in the same sentence. All I could manage was that first line.

I've always wanted to remain Kumari. I told The Mr pregnancy doesn't take away Kumari. Motherhood is just another facet and it shall not rule my life. Or my blog.

The toothless smiles, the gurgles and the coos, soft kicks of her tiny feet, the way her little fingers hold onto my dress as I try to place her in her crib, her beautiful eyes and the way they light up when I pick her up, her cries for me....she is mine. All mine.

That is why this post makes no sense. Coz I realise, there is no longer any me left. I am all hers. I am Maya's mom and that's who I will be. Now. Always.

And you know what, it's wonderful just being her mom.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Shirsha said...

oh!, so its inevitable, is it!?

12:45 AM  
Blogger Balaji said...

u know, u have a knack of writing stuff we already know in a touching way :) Beautiful!

2:09 AM  
Blogger RT said...

Welcome to the joys of motherhood.
And kisses to Maya..:)

7:19 AM  
Blogger Vee said...

so well written, as always. beautifully expressed Kumari :)

5:57 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Shirsha: Oh it seems inevitable when you see her smile. But I guess being Mom is not the end all. In a way i think I still have my identity :p

@Balaji: Thank you. One does what one can do best : chew cud :D

@Rt:THANK You :)

@Vee: Thanks a lot :)

11:28 PM  
Blogger shub said...

catching up with the posts...and your writing seems to have gotten lovelier :-) And Maya is a beautiful name. Hugs!

9:55 AM  
Blogger vivitsa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Anu Karthik said...

Lovely..motherhood has made you a better writer too..this should be added as one of the perks!

hugs

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home