Sunday, January 30, 2005

Creative Geisha?

If you can't make sense of the title, read this.
A post by Rajesh .

Shocked? Surprised? Wild?
When i wrote 'Kaapi Write', i really didn't think too much about plagiarism but now i shudder to showcase my talent without a way to trace it back to me...

I am not exactly a prolific writer...i don't get dime-a-dozen inspirations that transform themselves into wonderful materpieces...i ain't a John Keats, though i am a die-hard fan of his works.
We do live in a ruthless world but how desperate are we to actually steal other people's thoughts? their ideals, opinions? and masquerade them as our own?
Why?
To prove our intellectual worth (where there isn't any)?
I am not here to satiate the creative hunger of an intellectually-challenged, unethical idiot (for lack of a harsher word) by thinking for him and writing for him
(it could be a 'she' too).

Initially i had a High with all this blogging...coz i didn't have to look out for a publisher, save money to see my work in print. I didn't have to wait for those few friends to find time to read my poem/article and send their valuable comments...I still wait for their comments but the wait is made more memorable by the plethora of netizens milling around - the lovers and the critics.

But this new revelation that one among the many who vist my blog is not going to be just an ardent lover of my work but might be a stalker,a cut-throat, demented soul, stealing my face and walking around in it without me being none the wiser sends an eerie chill down my spine.

I want to write.
I plan to continue writing.
But i don't know if it would be here...for the rest of the world to read and enjoy.
I think i might just get back to my good old diary...scratching words, tearing sheets and doodling on paper waiting for that elusive brainwave seem like a page from a romantic era long forgotten...

For the first time in many months i feel vulnerable. Open to assault.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sagnik Nandy said...

you should continue writing for several reasons:

1. you write bloody well.
2. there are people who are in boring places who need their daily dose of interesting reads.
3. if your work ever gets stolen feel happy - remember the cliched "imitation is the biggest form of flattery", it's a big web, if some blogger decides to rip your work that itself means a lot. if he turns out to be a literary stalker its like a little icing on the cake.

cheers.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

Sagnik: You do have a way with words!
Thanks for making my day!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Sagnik Nandy said...

i was being honesty. see, mom was right - honesty pays :) cheers. great to see you are blogging again albeit in a gloomy state (i do that a lot)

11:25 PM  
Blogger Rajesh J Advani said...

Hey Kumari!

Thanks for mentioning my blog on yours.

I too have momentarily wondered about ever writing again, because of this copycat thing, but luckily those are just fleeting thoughts. We should never let these <expletive-deleted>s get to us, I say. Let them win? No way!

You keep writing, coz I will too. And if someone does it again, we'll write about that :)

Read your other post about my story too. And thanks for your kind words about it!

Toodleloo,

1:05 AM  
Blogger Jax said...

I am your own personal stalker!!! woooohahahahaha!! (evil maniacal laughter!);))

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home