Monday, January 24, 2005

Kaapi-Write

How would you react if one of your posts from your blog was lifted, pasted as the body of an e-mail and sent across to millions via the corporate network as "The story of the day" without any reference to you as the author???

I would have screamed my heart out. I should ask Venu what he did.

This morning when i opened my inbox, i found a fwd from my friend in Sasken.
What was eerily spookier than the post in Venu's blog was the fact that this story is his and it is doing the rounds without anyone getting any wiser about the fact.

Aargh! a few months back it was the turn of Rajesh'sstory to go on a similar trip.

How can people be so callous? Yeah dude, I LOVE my works to gain publicity and I love Fame. But do you see the I?

Is there a way to stop all this?

2 Comments:

Blogger Venu Vedam said...

Thanks for pointing it out and hilighting it in your blog Kumari. Unfortunately there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

This in fact is the second time I am facing this situation. Kya Karen... Just have to accept and move on.

Regards
Platy

2:28 AM  
Blogger Jax said...

I am full of ideas today!

1. These 2 blogs you have mentioned dont have email links. Readers who like the blog will invariably copy the article and paste it in the mail.

2. Maybe its a good idea to include a link to your blog in every blog, right in the middle of the story! Crude, I know! Sort of like the way VJs say it repeatedly in their talk "You are watching Channel V's Popstar"

3. Those ugly Java-script thingies that dont let you right click on the webpage!!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home