Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Ooh...Aah...Wow!

Yup, I thought I would say ouch but then I was pleasantly surprised!
Waxing your eyebrows doesn't really ache that much. In fact you hardly feel the pinch. The downside? Well there isn't exactly a lovely shape like what you would be blessed with if you had sat through 10 minutes of threading but hey! I am happy that I am no longer the long lost cousin of King Kong :D

In fact the stylists in the salon treated me with reverence when I told them how all my life in India I have only threaded my eyebrows. They gushed "Oh dear. That must have been like hell" and I smiled and cooed "Oh no, it is a breeze".

Anyways having impressed them with my persona cool, I then proceeded to change my hairstyle. After flipping through many pages and not finding one snap of a girl with a broad forehead and non-existent nose sporting a sexy hairstyle, I called it quits and moved to step 2. I gave my hairstylist a Bambi look and sighed. And it worked ;) She went on to say how I look like a pretty 14 year old girl in my long hair and that I would look prettier and mature with a shorter haircut. Muhahahaha!

Why put off till tomorrow what you can spoil today has been my life's motto. So after another 30 minutes in The High Chair, I walked out a changed, cropped and cute woman(Now that I am mature and all growed up, I no longer Girl. I woman!) with fingers crossed that Amma doesn't throw a fit from across oceans. Either way, I guess she can't do much :D

12 Comments:

Blogger Meera said...

So u finally did it huh? how about posting a snap? long lost cousin of king kong... hee hee..looks like u were not alone :-)

11:09 PM  
Blogger RT said...

Way to go..! Pics awaited. :)
And yeah.. Bambi eyes work more often than not..:)

2:39 AM  
Blogger Jax said...

There must be a browhaha over your salon visit back home!

Now I'll say what a lot of male bloggers say on the comments section - Please post pictures :D

3:33 AM  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

I thout someone promised a pic some long back ..by popular demand -post a pic or atleast mail it to me;)

4:06 AM  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

why cant i post a comment on the unson song

4:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now post the pic.

(aama unga aathukkarar enna sonnarnu sollave illaye :P)

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i was plannin on gettin one yest too! damn it...we cudve used this to prove that we are telepathic sisters or soemthing! But u see...it did not happen...so im gettin mine done tmrw..woohoo!Pics! We Want Pics!!
ammukuttz

9:09 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Me: Yup. It is too difficult to find an Indian parlour here :(

@RT: Don't they? I love to do Bambi often except my Mr hasn't seen the movie :(

@Jax: No there isn't. At least not yet coz they haven't seen the pic :) Btw, u havent sent urs yet.

@Duck: Okay i will. And will enable comments for that song for you :)

@Dubukku: Well, he is happy i guess :) Or was there another reason behind his request to make me colour my hair red???

@Ammai: Dats ok, we r still telepathic in so many other ways:D

10:27 AM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

congrats on changing your look. Mine really helped boost my ego :)) I'm sure you love the new look. Would love to see you in it.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

PIC, I scream like everyone else!
So PIC it shall be soon I guess!
and... bambi eyes? Griz the pig is also Griz teh deer at times?
Gif

11:14 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@M(TSU): I do love the new look for after a long time I had my way and got a short hair cut :D

@Gif: Yes will post pic soon. I actually looked good this morning but the camera battery conked out. So patience, pls :)

11:37 AM  
Blogger shub said...

yeah me too!! about 3 months...and faa-aar away from home ;o)
amma had no choice but to accept it....but was a lil remonstartive when I went back home for the hols! :)

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home