Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Kitchen Truths

...no one ever told you.

  • One cluttered countertop is better than looking for two empty packets in the bin.

-- Mid way through my egg korma recipe realised the next step is on the back of the empty packet I threw few minutes earlier into the bin. Spent some smelly moments digging through my trash to find it. Stopped making egg korma ever since.

  • Give The Mr fish curry and you earned yourself a skirt. Teach him to make fish curry, and you have earned a lifetime on the couch.

-- Need I explain?

  • An adversity doesn't bring out the best as much as it highlights the bitter.

-- Little did I know that onions hate being mashed, especially when they haven't been sauteed. The dinner left a bitter taste in our mouths and my cooking skills. Hmpf!

  • There are two tragedies in life: One is not getting your heart's desire and the other is getting it.

-- Decided to be organised in my cooking and followed the recipe; step by step. 1/4 tsp Chilli powder read the line. By the time I reached the kadai with the spoon that said '1/4 tsp', my ingredients were of use only to a charcoal painter.

  • Listen to your intuition. It will show you the way. But for heavens' sake use the spoon.

-- Believing yours truly to be a cooking wonder, I eyeball most of my ingredients. The last time i tried to add salt, I forget to screw the top tightly. Poured half the bottle in the rasam, and all the rasam down the drain.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jax said...

Thank god, for mom!!:)


And did I speak too soon? (See mail) The Mister is back!:)

11:50 PM  
Blogger Yours Truly said...

Enna samayalo? Edhirthu kaetka yaarum illai :)

5:56 AM  
Blogger shub said...

haha!! similar thing happened with the salt..my sister was putting some into her plate...and half of it fell into the plate! :)
recipe for egg kurma pls:D

10:55 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Jax: Hmpf! Yeah, saw that :)

@Daughtie: Yaaru sonna? You should listen to Mr's ramblings on a day when meal is bad. Paavam naan :p

@Shub: Was that a serious request or an attempt at making fun of me? :p Either way, I shall humour thee and post recipe soon. If i can find it :)

10:31 AM  
Blogger shub said...

good lord! i was serious!

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home