Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Restless mind on a resting couch

I am bugged that
  • My feet feel much colder and force me to wake up in the middle of the night to wear socks.
  • The winter days are too short and swiftly pass me by.
  • Every waking moment of that fast moving boring winter day is spent on the couch; munching chocolates and turning into a beach ball.
  • I sweep more hair off the floor than I comb on my head.
  • People expect me to quote Laplace Theorem just because I am an engineer from here.
  • They brand me as silly when I want to blow soap bubbles inspite of being that said engineer who can't remember any theorems.
  • My heart won't stay in the safe locker and prefers hanging from my sleeve.
  • Keats died too young at 21. Damn it! there just aren't enough poems to fall in love with.
  • Most people expect me to be the nice girl from their perceptions when all i wanna do is be bitchy. Or atleast a wee bit sarcastic.
  • Ideas which hit me while I am in the shower, leave silently with the rest of the waterdrops down the drain, making me stare blankly at the screen.

7 Comments:

Blogger RT said...

Oh and I get bugged by people who expect me to quote laplace/eulers theorem because I studied it years ago and more so, when the same said people cannot remember not to leave a wet towel in the bed which is told to them less than 24 hours ago.

1:41 AM  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

ok the idea thing happened to me just today and exactly that ..i was blank by the time i turned the water off ...all i could think of (and remember was that) water was dripping off my hair and some such stray thoughts...
really wanted to scream..!

3:21 AM  
Blogger Ducking Giraffe said...

oops, that ideas in the shower thingie, it happened to me exactly today...it was an idea to blog abt those drops of water and it was an intense idea and i ran to write it down and poof... i was as blank as the sheet of paper!
Gif

7:57 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@rt: hehehe...don't get me started on wet towels, open toothpaste tubes and empty water jugs, i might never stop :)

@Curly: Oh yeah, those DIY jobs are too much. Sometimes I wish i studied carpentry/plumbing than this engineering. Easier to handle than trying to figure out how many volts pass thro' my socket :) I think, i shall hit the shower with a pen/notepad, next time :D

@Duck/Gif: Such ideas should be punished, i tell you. Go back into the shower. this time with a notepad :)

11:16 AM  
Blogger RS said...

I am not bugged that you are bugged 'coz your "I am bugged" list is amusing for me to read :)

10:55 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Rs: Now what did they say about one man's meat being another man's poison:p Guess a reversal is happening here :) As long as someone smiles, it's cool with me :D

10:39 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Madhu: Daey, kindal pannadha :p

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home