Friday, February 24, 2006

Writers Workshop V

Prompt: A Strong West Wind

You were my zephyr;
Caressing my soul
And whispering love to my flowers,
Making them blush.

You were my gentle breeze;
Framing my world
In those dreamy eyes,
Singing unheard melodies;
'Twas spring all year.

Was it the fence
I built around us?
Or the closed windows
Screaming silence aloud?
Or was it my need
To want you to need me?
What made you leave,
Riding high on the strong west wind
Leaving my garden in the dark?

Psst: Archster, I finally used Zephyr :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Ramya said...

hi ponc!! just came across your blog..really nice reading it..:) don't know if you'd still remember me.. ramya from bits..:)

11:50 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

Hey! Welcome aboard!
How can one forget their dance guru? :p How you doing? And congrats Mrs :)

12:32 PM  
Blogger Archster said...

I read that and knew what i was going to comment with :D

good stuff. Zephyr is a lovely word indeed. It was also a lovely ride in an amusement park. california adventure or universal studious. One of the 2.

:D

1:00 PM  
Blogger Jax said...

Why did ze German run around in circles?
Because there was zephyr in ze mountain. Run run run.

Hey, I used that word too!:) Nice poem Lady K. And I hope I never have to visit your kitchen blog:)

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home