Thursday, March 16, 2006

Serenading the devil

I miss my job.
I realised that the only reason I was able to write many happy essays earlier was I had my own punching bag - My work. All my gripe, my negativity was absorbed by a project I disliked, by PMs I hated, by lines of code that barely made sense and I was left with a cloud of peace to tinker with and have fun. But now, with nothing but writing to keep me company, I seem too frustrated to write. It's been a year since I read a book. It takes a huge effort to sit through 10 pages and after that I lose interest altogether. I write posts and delete them.

"I need to write, if i want to be read. I need to read, if i want to write."
It's a vicious circle.

4 Comments:

Blogger RS said...

Me thinks something is wrong with restless souls like ours ;) Be here and we want to be there, be there and we want to be anywhere but there!

Hope you get your reading muse back :)

9:46 PM  
Blogger Meera said...

Punching bag...
grass is always greener on the other side :)

10:25 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Rs: Aaah, well, what is life without certain unfulfilled desires ? :p I hope so too.

@Me: It is not just green, it has pretty flowers too :)

9:55 AM  
Blogger Madhooo said...

Yep, absolutely true. Our minds always wander from things that we have to those that we don't. And that is human nature.:)

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home