Saturday, February 21, 2009

I wanted to write a long letter to Maye...one of those beautifully crafted emotional types letter thingy...full of sagely wisdom, witticisms and such. That's when I realised, writing a letter to your daughter on a public forum, makes it just that, 'a crafted piece'. As much as you try to justify its sincerity, it is still a performance on stage done mainly for applause and so I gave up. Someday, I'll emerge from under the dirty diapers and mounds of laundry and pen it down the old-fashined way. Till then, I shall write and re-write it in my head as I slowly drift off to sleep.

Now I'm tired.
Let me sleep.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't u write the traditional way with a pen, on a paper and then may be put it here so that you can preserve it...if its not too personal
I haven't written a letter on a public space so speak as a neutral third party...I think its like holding hands in public...you do it for ur own sake and don't care if people watch. Sometimes, its the additional new-proud-mom who wants to talk about mile stones..but its still not a performance, I think :-)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Primalsoup said...

:) What a lovely head that must be.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home