Monday, March 21, 2005

A Walk down the Aisle

I am not talking of my approaching wedding.
Naah, this is not even about our plan to get married in a church either.

Have you ever overtook a flying Baba Yaga on your way to Cloud NO:9? Or worse, did you flash your zillion dollar smile at her while doing it?
I dont know if I did that but I am sure I must have done something equally bad.
How else does one explain this absolute attraction people have in whispering "Excuse me" in my ears just when I want to savour my mom's curd rice a second longer than I should?
I have already described the 'Lunch' scene at my office in this post.

Picture this:
I am sitting at the corner most chair so as to not destroy the sanctity of the arrangement.
Mr.InQuestion's goal is the counter. Good choice. But what was bad is when he decided to move his lean frame between chairs. And no,I am not wearing any perfume, much less the one that attracts Men by the dozen. So why? If that is bad what really makes my blood boil is when they look at you as if you have committed a crime for seated in that chair which obstructs their path? Dude, that is NOT a pathway!
Grrrrrrrrr

Why can't people ever walk the aisle?
Do they think it would make them look lame?
Is it not in fad this season?
If you ask me, the few extra steps would actually help reduce some calories so that the piled up plate wouldn't exactly change the pH balance in one's body but then does any body LISTEN?

Aaargh...forget it. I am sure tomorrow morning as I sip my buttermilk, there would be an irritating voice at my ear saying, "Excuse me".
So I am just going to smile and tell myself, "Baby, you are one irresistibly attractive chick. So keep movin' that chair" :-D

3 Comments:

Blogger Jax said...

This squeezing in following an excuse me, reminds me of a line in Fight Club when Brad Pitt goes "Now a question of etiquette; as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch...? " :D

3:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u gettin married?

7:48 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Jax: Is that a trick question? :p
@anon: Yes i am indeed. If you read my previous posts, you will know. But may i know who this is???

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home