Monday, March 07, 2005

Another day...

another tag..."Happy Women's Day"!

Does it really change the way we think about this species?
Are we being fair in our treatment of the fairer sex?

Why do some women talk of women's liberation?
What kind of freedom do we want?

Will we sprout wings?
Will the sky be ours to fly around?

At the end of the day, all that I long for is a lap to rest my head, a hand to caress my hair and tell me a bed-time story...as I slowly drift away to wonderland with Peter Pan.

Before I end my monologue, a perspective from Calvin - the quintessential man:
"Trust a woman to take all the fun out of sex discrimination"

Period.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kumari said...

Precisely my point...dunno what we achieve by celebrating such days when we really don't give it any thought more that what it takes to mumble "Happy ****** day!"

But still i wouldn't grumble if all such days were declared as holidays n you didn't have to spend it debugging code :p:p

12:34 AM  
Blogger Sagnik Nandy said...

i am all for equality of sexes - i dtrongly believe that everybody should get an equal amount of sex :))

12:50 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Sagnik: i know you do O Wise & Generous One, i just know you do ;)

2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kumari,
Just to put things into perspective, Women's day was started not to just to make this world take notice of all the crimes done against women. You are one of the fortunate women in this world!! Thank God for that..but think of so many oppressed women. Most of the sex crimes women are in the recieving end.

So, if you do not like this day. Just ignore this. But then, don't ridicule it.

That is all I have to say.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Anon: Thanks for your comment. However, you lost my point. The post was not about dislike/like of a day dedicated to women, it was more of why don't we celebrate womanhood everyday. To me it's not the women who need liberation but the men- they need to free themselves from their closeted mindsets & preconceived notions. Unless that happens, many such "women's day"s will come and go but the oppression will remain.
I am indeed fortunate for the simple reason that i am a woman - oppressed or not.

Hope you had a nice day!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Whoiscb said...

@Sagnik : i am all for equality of sexes - i dtrongly believe that everybody should get an equal amount of sex :))

If I am correct, the statement implies itself :) , when a guy is having it, a woman too will be having it

(excluding exceptional cases ofcourse ;) )

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home