Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The 7 Year Itch

Have you ever been stuck with a particular tune so deeply embedded in the back recesses of your mind that you hum it involuntarily? A tune you want to sing but can’t coz you don’t know the lyrics? A tune you want to forget coz it irks you by its anonymity?
Just when you think you have succeeded in flushing it out of your system by singing “Sweet Child of Mine” loud and off-key, solitude walks in ever so quietly and leaves it on your lap.

That in a nut shell is Geni-Ass to me…A precocious teenager who pissed me big time by ignoring my presence in class for one WHOLE year. Ask a girl how blasphemous it is for a guy to ignore her ;) Yet I still have no clue why I remember the way his eyes lit up when Dr.M said “Brilliant”, the way he tried to underplay it and the way he was unsuccessful in that, the way he rattled non-stop when he got excited, the way he pedalled his cycle fast so as to avoid eye-contact with me and the way he acted so indifferent to a young & cute moi!

If someone had ever told me that one day Prasanna Vignesh or PV as he was called then, would like me and my work, my only intellectual response would have been “Bah”! So deep was my dislike for this man. But then here we are, writing about each other in our blogs, wondering aloud on how quirky and yet beautiful life is, trying to catch up on the smiles we forgot to share, the arguments we shouldn’t have missed, a relationship that we never, ever dreamt possible.

Geni-Ass, you might be brilliant in solving Irodov problems but when it comes to kindergarten math, I rock! It is 7 years since we last met and not 6 as you claim *Wink*

7 Comments:

Blogger Vignesh said...

First off, lovely. Thats whats called adding poetry to prose. Live and learn people ;)

1. My eyes did not light up. The only reason it may have seemed so, is because the rest of the class was asleep.

2. A lot of my friends still call me that. Vignesh is preferred. Viggy is appreciated ;)

3. Dislike ?!?! Now, people who are reading this, does any of what LadyK is saying sound like DIS-like ?!?! It sounds like ore-like only to me ;)

4. Yes, I was pretty excited when I wrote that post. Hence the mis-calculation ;)

5. And finally, the ONLY reason I didn't talk to a young and cute you, was because I thought, you would rather talk to a lean, dark and mean R ;) :P

12:46 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

Grrr...you deserve to be whacked for writing a comment longer than my post :p
Just like you wrongly 'assumed' i wanted to talk to lean,dark,mean R, you now wrongly assume your eyes didn't gleam ;)
Btw, what is the 'ore-like' joke???

But yeah, thanks Geni-Ass :)

1:00 AM  
Blogger Vignesh said...

That was meant to read ore (as in Tamil) like only...

Sheehs.. tirunelvelli eh.. kevalam..

1:20 AM  
Blogger Sagnik Nandy said...

yessss! This is the nth time I visited ur blog today but dint want to post a comment on this one coz I thought only u and Vignesh should - very sweet indeed :)

4:39 AM  
Blogger Vignesh said...

awwww... you shouldn't have. That was chooo chweet Sagu... NOT !

5:08 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

aww such a merry reunion...
PLUS, Vig as a teenager....cracked me up!
;)

12:21 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Angel: :)The present Vig cracks me up too ;)

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home