Sunday, October 08, 2006

I am a horse

Seriously.

I hate being cooped up and I crave for the wind in my face feeling that comes with freedom and independence. But I completely dislike driving. Don't ask me why. There are never any rational reasons behind many of my likes and dislikes :)

After being in this country for a year and a half, I am yet to learn to drive effortlessly. And the small drives stopped once I discovered Nashua's CityBus Transit :D On our last trip back from Montreal, I drove 115 miles on the highway. Ofcourse after exhibiting such "mastery", one decided not to go for any practise runs in the middle of the night. Two weeks back when The Mr forced me to drive to the Supermarket in the next exit, I fumbled on the ramp, checked my blind spot 4 times before changing lanes and somehow made it in one piece to the parking lot, with him going blah blah on the importance of driving and how bad I am at it.

That's when I realised, I am a horse. I can drive straight like I did on my 115 mile stint; no right or left turns and no changing lanes. Just look ahead and drive and not worry about the dot of a car driving behind us.

Well, with my Visa papers in order and the closest to home I can ever hope to work being 40 miles away, I guess I can't chicken out of driving :(

But I would like to make just one thing clear:
If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk!

3 Comments:

Blogger Vee said...

I'm a horse too! Well, maybe a GSD instead. lol I don't know how you cannot drive though! I mean...there's so much freedom in driving! Taking off, zooming along the highway, feeling the wind in your hair etc., listening to loud music depending on your mood, getting into a race or two. hehehe

10:09 PM  
Blogger Kumari said...

I take the bus :p Now I am not responsible for anyone's life on the road with my confused driving skills, you see :)

But yeah, am practising driving as often as I can to see that side of the world too :)

8:53 AM  
Blogger Manchus said...

Your husband is right. Only with driving you can end up being cool and confident driver. I used to be in the same boat about 5 years ago. Now, I can boast that I drove when I was in labour. Of course, that made my Mom nervous!!

So, now a 'Horse' , later a 'Rabbit' :)

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home